Ken Clavette’s Album of Bygone Sandy Hill

This is a view of Sandy Hill from the steps of the Chateau Laurier. Gone is the block of buildings under the Frieman’s billboard that abutted the Union Station. The other is the Daly building seen on the left. Also gone are the Ottawa Electric Railway street cars that stopped running in 1959, just two years after this photo was taken. It looks like it might be heading into the O-Train “sink hole”.  City of Toronto Archives, June 17, 1957

—Ken Clavette, Henderson Avenue